Thursday, 5 December 2013

Final Pattern Design

Firstly, I scanned in a vogue tag and opened the image on photoshop and cropped to get the part of my image i wanted to be on my pattern. Secondly I added the filter 'smudge' to my image. I then defined the pattern and resized it to 2cm width and 5cm height. I defined the pattern again and changed the canvas size to 20cm by 40cm. Finally I filled the canvas with my pattern to get this look.

I then created a half drop repeat of my pattern and then copied the pattern onto the layers of my fashion illustration to fill the dress and shoes with my pattern like so.
I didn't like how big the pattern was so a changed the scale so the pattern is a lot smaller. 
This is my final design pattern and I'm very happy with it because its very representative of me as it portrays my keen interest in high fashion magazines such as Vogue and Elle.

No comments:

Post a Comment